Monday, January 5, 2015

Some people wonder what I eat (besides sugar)...

I swear, I'm not trying to post every day. But I just made a delicious lamb stew, and I have to share it with you:


Over the last three years, I have developed a pretty standard method for producing enjoyable meat-based soups.

Step 1: Brown meat with onions, (if red meat) garlic, and a healthy portion of salt (at least, by my standards, considering I don't usually salt things) and a butt-load of pepper (because I'm a pepper fiend).

Step 2: If stewing red meat, add merlot, parsley and basil, and simmer. If stewing chicken, stir in a bit of taco/salsa seasoning.

Step 3: Add chopped carrot bits, celery, (for red meat) cabbage and potatoes or (for chicken) red and green bell peppers and squash.

Step 4: If heartily salted, douse in water. If lightly salted, add an appropriate broth/water combo. , Cover and simmer for half an hour to an hour. Add additional seasoning, wine and/or canned beans in the last 10-15 minutes if desired.

Step 5: Enjoy.

You honestly can't go wrong if you do any variation of the above. And you can add in almost any vegetables (even ones you hate) and still like the end result. This also makes a pretty well-balanced meal, which explains how I've managed to avoid diabetes so far, despite my high sugar intake. Well, that and the fact that I almost never consume sodas.

Yay, soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment